Nikki's Hair Blog

Designed with my fellow nappturals in mind, this site was created to offer inspriation, motivation, and dediction.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

G. Mo's Slammin' Sweet Potato Pie©


Ok, this is sooooo non-hair related, but since it's that time of the year for sweet potato pies, I thought I'd post his recipe here. Yes, I said HIM. I've had many a pie in my day, but this is one of THE best sweet potato pie recipes I have ever tried!

I don't know what it is, but if you're not careful, you'll end up eating an entire pie in one day. Don't ask me how I know.



Here's what you'll need:
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
4 eggs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon (or more... *wink*) rum or Navan vanilla cognac (or for the non-drinkers, use Rum flavoring or Rum extract)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons melted butter/margarine
1 unbaked deep dish pie crust

First off, you must boil the potatoes. I didn't mention that before because it seemed like a no-brainer, but everyone wasn't able to decipher the fact that this is the FIRST step.

After the potatoes are cooked and you've peeled them, throw them in a bowl and mixed them up, then you go ahead to the next step.

Pre-heat cha oven to like 400-425 degrees.

Pie crust preparation: take 1/2 cup of brown sugar and stick of margarine/butter and microwave together... layer the pie shell with the melted brown sugary mix and place in oven for 10 minutes at 350 or until crust browns. Do not worry about the crust bubbling, it’s going to do that. Whatever you do, do not pop it!!!!!

Mix the sweet potatoes, milk, sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, eggs, butter/margarine, vanilla, liquor and lemon juice until it gets real smooth. Then pour it into the pie shell.

Bake for about 15 minutes at 400-425, then reduce heat to 300 and bake for about 45 minutes or until the filling is firm. (to check for doneness, stick a toothpick or fork in it. it should come out clean)

Take it from the oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.

Grab some Cool Whip, vanilla ice cream or whatever you like to add and get'cha eat on!!!!




After you've tried this recipe, make sure you give him his props for coming up with this delicious recipe. >>G. Mo's Slammin Sweet Potato Pie©<<

Thanks G!

1 Comments:

  • At 11/27/06, 4:53 PM , Blogger Ms.Honey said...

    I told him I'm gonna have to try this and now that i've seen it on your page I think that's confirmation LOL

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home